About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Monday, April 19, 2010

PROM!!!

Last night was my Senior Prom that I have been anticipating since my surgery! I had the most AMAZING time! I went with one of my best friends, Matt Bickley, which was such a blast! Our whole class squeezed into the biggest limo in KC (literally the biggest) and drove downtown to this cool loft with an incredible view of downtown KC! We had the after party at my house and our whole class pitched in to get a spiderman inflatable! Haha it was legit... to look at... couldn't exactly jump on it yet :/ but whatevs! I stayed up till 3 am... let me repeat myself... 3AM people! This is an epic moment here! I only had a 20 minute nap that day and I lasted the whole night! I can barely make it through a quick errand to Hobby Lobby these days! Call it what you like but I believe there was some serious divine intervention here! Thank you for all your prayers! God is truly putting an amazing healing touch on my body! It might sound silly but it was nothing less than a miracle that I had enough energy to get my hair done, put on a dress, take a hundred pictures, get in a limo, go to prom, go to the after party, and ENJOY MYSELF! Thank you for praying for even the silly things like enjoying prom!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the night...

The Arkansas girls! Woo Pig Sooie!


The proud parents!


It's my Senior Prom and I STILL haven't figured out how to put a boutineer on my date :/ how embarrassing


The senior girls!


It was the PAPA DADDY of all limos!!!


Sister pic! you could spot us a mile away in our obnoxiously bright colored dresses! haha

1 comment: