About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Saturday, April 24, 2010

beth moore conference

Today I had the privilege of going to the Beth Moore, So Long Insecurity conference with Emilie. I've never heard her speak before or read any of her books (besides the Praying God's Word journal but I don't think that totally counts). I was really excited but didn't really know what to expect either. It was STELLAR!! Well first off, it was a 4 hour conference and I have the same attention span as my dog these days and I didn't have ONE space out moment... not ONE!!! I know that sounds stupid but thats a big deal for me while I'm on pain meds... only Jesus can captivate my attention for that long! Can I get an AMEN! haha! But the message that she gave was amazing. I kinda thought that she'd talk about body image or how "even models get airbrushed" or something along those lines but she didn't. She talked about insecurity at it's root. I loved that! She walked through Ephesians 4:17-24 and created these six statements of what a secure woman is. She talked about how insecurity was an inward destruction on ourselves... how our lack of forgiveness is a reflection of our insecurity and how our forgiveness and grace to others reflects how much we believe in God's forgiveness and grace towards us. That forgiveness point really hit home for me! Her wisdom was so refreshing! It was one of those moments like when Peter says, "You are the Christ" and Jesus says, "For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven."... it was like THAT kinda wisdom; it didn't come from Beth Moore's creative thinking, but it came straight from God. mmm love that stuff! I love those things that make you feel all fresh again!

3 comments:

  1. where was the Beth Moore conference? i LOVE her! i wld have loved to go to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was in atlanta, georgia but it was broadcasted live to 869 churches all over north america! i was at olathe christian church :)

    ReplyDelete