About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Official Diagnosis

I just received the pathology report back from the Mayo Clinic a couple of days ago. I thought I would share my official diagnosis. My tumor is called Angiomyolipomas, which is a benign tumor. It took a while to diagnose it because there were so many abnormal and rare characteristics to the tumor. Angiomyolipomas is composed mostly of fat and some smooth muscle but my tumor was made of almost all muscle. Also, the average age of patients with this tumor is 43! This tumor is also known to almost always occur in the right kidney but mine was in the left.
On March 5th, 2010 the doctors told me I had a cancerous tumor in my left kidney... I started a blog and hundreds of people from all over the country began to pray for me... a month later I went into surgery to get my kidney removed... the pathology came back and said the tumor was benign. These are just the facts of my past couple months and there is no denying the amazing miracle that has happened. The Lord's hand is so visible! I have been fervently prayed over and felt the healing hand of God. I hope my testimony is an encouragement to your prayer life! Your prayers have been such a gift... thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing testimony Kate! Praise the Lord! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord Kate...God is good all the time. I love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete