About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

worry warts

So I started up my first day of classes today but I felt the enemy hit me with a wave of anxiety. Only the enemy can create anxiety in your heart like this! I actually had a great first day of classes but I could feel my brain going a million miles an hour with worries of the world... syllabuses, homework, sorority life, projects in studio, taking 16 hrs, just trying to start the semester off right!! I had to stop myself and just pause to dive into God's Word to be reminded of what He says about anxiety. "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Matthew 6:27. I love Jesus' sarcasm... BRILLIANT! haha! He's trying to give us a reality check. I encourage you to read Matthew 6:25-34 to just reflect on God's sovereignty over our lives and that there is NO REASON to be anxious about anything... ANYTHING! I just love being reminded of biblical truths like this because so many times my head knows it but my heart does not reflect it. This would be an awesome prayer request for the week. I would love to know any prayer requests of any other worry wart bloggees out there, so feel free to comment your little hearts away :) peace, love, and deep breaths!

1 comment:

  1. kate. no joke. I felt the exact same way today. And it wasnt just the normal subtle feeling of worry or anxiety or stress about getting ready for classes, I felt completely consumed by this anxiety. Totally the work of the devil. We are under attack, sister. But thanks for the encouraging word :) so thankful for you!
    -al

    ReplyDelete