About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Monday, March 29, 2010

APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!

So we talked to the doctors today (drumroll please).......... aaaaaand my surgery is scheduled for 1:30 THIS Thursday, April 1st at St. Luke's South!!!! YAAAAAAYAYAYAYAY! I literally screamed when they told me! It kinda makes me laugh that its on April Fools Day though! Maybe when I show up to the hospital they'll say, "April Fools! No Tumor!" haha not likely! Anyway Thursday I will probably be just be seeing family after the surgery and I'll slowly start seeing visitors on friday! Thank you so much for all your prayers because they have been answered! God is soo good! Now we need to start praying for the surgery itself! Hopefully this news is an encouragement of the power of prayer! Keep it up!

4 comments:

  1. praise God! we are so thankful you are going to have the surgery this week. love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I am your Aunt Kim's Mom, she has been keeping me up to date on your surgery procedure. Pray that everything will go well. Your blog is a pleasure to read, so glad that you have put your faith in the Lord, He really does care about you. Will be praying for you. Penny Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,your Aunt Kim and I have been keeping you in our prayers.We are praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Remember God is in control (thank the Lord)and he has a very special plan for your precious life.All our love and prayers.Love Uncle Kevin & Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- You are such an inspiration. I think about you everyday and I will continue praying. I will be praying especially hard on Thursday!

    Love,
    Mrs. Schoeman

    ReplyDelete