About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn Bliss

October is my FAVORITE month of the year! Maybe because it's my birthday month but I really do love the fall, and the changing leaves, and apple cider and all the other goodies that come with the fall season :) It has been an incredible fall so far! At the end of September my mom surprised me by flying in my best friend and kindred spirit, Laura Talton, into Fayetteville for an early B-day present! Laura is from Selma, AL and goes to school at Wake Forest so I only get to see her about once a year at Kanakuk. I was so shocked when she jumped out of the trunk of my mom's car! It was such a sweet moment! We got to spend the weekend together and download with each other. Ahhhh it was wonderful! I had a great 20th birthday and the Razorbacks even won for me on the 8th :) Sorry 'boutcha Aurburn! We also got our first Fall Break at Arkansas which was so fun! About TWENTY (yep count 'em) Kappas came and stayed with us over the break! It was such a blast! I love showing off Kansas City to people who only think of the Wizard of Oz when they hear "Kansas". Here are some pictures of my fall adventures :)


I was surprised to say the least!
The Mustache Shop in Fayetteville is a MUST(ache) hehe
I don't even know where to begin explaining this picture.... Megan Phillips everyone.
(**No animals were harmed in the making of this picture)
Rachel, Jenny Hayes and I made bows when we were in KC :)
Throwin' the key at the Louisburg Cider Mill
Phillips and Trott sistas rockin that Arkansas Red!
Morgan and I went to the Farmers Market to get flowers for the room
Kappas carving pumpkins.... the owl, the key and the Batman sign! Love you Rach :)



1 comment:

  1. This comment is long overdue but yay for a post!! I love the picture of us...even though it is tiny. Haha can't wait to see you in ONE week!!

    ReplyDelete