About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

PEACHY KEEN!!

So this is my attempt to be Pioneer Woman so don't judge to harsh if I'm not as legit (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ is my favorite blog EVER)! When I was in Tucson over spring break Louie and I experimented with something he saw in a cooking magazine! It ended up being a total success! SO YUMMY!! we had it for breakfast but its kind of like a dessert too :) aka the best kind of breakfast! This is the "not exact measurement" recipe!

What you need:
-2 ripe peaches
-1 package of Pillbury crescent rolls
-Brie cheese
-Brown sugar
-Cinnamon sugar
-Cream
-butter :)

**FIRST preheat oven to 375
1) Cut the peaches in half and scoop out the pit and a little of the center to make room for the brie.
2) Pack the brie in both sides of the peach
3) Put the peach back together with the Brie now in the center and wrap (approx 3) triangles of the crescent dough around it until the whole peach is covered.
4) Roll it in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon sugar
5) Place on greased cookie sheet. TIP** we had extra dough so we made a little base so they wouldn't roll around :)
6) Pop those babies in the oven for for 10-12 minutes at 375
7) While that is baking we made this DELICIOUS sauce! Throw in some cream, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
8) YAY they're done baking :) golden brown goodness! But hold up... we're not done yet!
9) Drizzle on yummy sauce! Is your mouth watering yet?!
HOW ABOUT NOW?!?!!? Gooey-sweet-peachy-make ya black out for a sec-delicious masterpiece!!!
aaaaand 5 seconds later.
A special thanks to Louie Christensen's for his outstanding hand-modeling in this photo shoot.
Have an lovely Sunday! Go share some Jesus :)

1 comment:

  1. looks delish! cant wait to try... thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete