About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

spare parts

Lets play a game called "how many surgeries can Kate have in a year!?!". Yes, I got the ol' wisdom teeth out today! It was a walk in the park compared to my last surgery but woke up as a chipmunk this time! What a great excuse to eat milkshakes and frozen yogurt all day and not have to exercise afterwards... oh wait... that's been my life for the past 4 months! HA! I don't intend on losing any other body parts anytime soon, however, I tend to be a wild card when it comes to these things so who knows whats goin next. I was unfortunately not as entertaining as my friends and family would have hoped I would be after they gave me the "good stuff". But last night I DID watch some youtube videos of people who were nice and medicated after they got they're wisdom teeth removed. Ok so I tried to upload the video but it wasn't working! UGH! so just youtube "meg ryan after wisdom teeth" if you get the time! sorry... lame I couldn't just post it :/ but I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!













Peace, Love, and Kidney-shaped clouds. Either God is trying to tell me that my kidney is in heaven with Him or im supposed to move to Africa! Im totally game for either message :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for these tips! My blogs usually do bring readers and responses. One thing I do is engage with the readers. Answer questions in responses and make clarifications where needed. I think they appreciate that I take the time to talk to them.

    ReplyDelete