About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Monday, March 15, 2010

IM HERE!

IM HERE! So crazy!!! We have been painting basically everything that isn't living in the camp that we're staying in! we are practically in the middle of the jungle which has been so fun to explore! God is good! I am so thankful that I am in Belize right now! There has already been some awesome bonding in my class already! I know that Lord has something really special in store for me on this trip! He has already blessed me with Marianne, who is our cook and helps run the camp we're in. She is a breast cancer survivor and she loves to bake and decorate cakes just like me! I can't help but smile at how God just plops the perfect people in our lives in his absolutly perfect timing! The summary for day one in Belize is God is so incredibly good to me! Waaay more than I deserve! Keep praying for me... still got another 5 days ahead of me!

5 comments:

  1. Kate,
    This blog is awesome! It's so fun to follow what you're doing down there in Belize!

    We're praying for this trip to be super special and that the bonding of your class is just how you hope.

    Much love,
    Christine (& Craig)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    I just want you to know that I am so impressed with your courage and your faithfulness to Christ. You have such a testimony and will impact so many lives. Thank You for being such an example to those around you. It appears that God is already using this trip in your life as well as using your situation to minister to others. Keep up the good work!!

    Laura Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! What's going on? Wondering if you've moved on to other jobs or if the paint is still flowing. Let us know, if you can. Gma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for you Dearest Kate. I am so happy the Lord brought you into my life and this I am so grateful for.Thank you Father. You sat up there in the front last night and all I can say is how thankful I was to see the Spirit of the Lord in you. Your teastimony was great and it brought back a lot on memories of my own battle with cancer......God is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,
    I hope you are managing through the pain. I miss you at home. The house is very lonely without you guys.

    I pray the Lord to give you full healing and at this moment to relieve your pain.

    Are you eating yet?
    Missing you
    Rose

    ReplyDelete