About Me

Overland Park, Kansas
My name is Kate, I'm 19 years old, and on March 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I was told I had to get my left kidney removed- praise the Lord I have two! A month later they took out my kidney and told me the tumor was benign! I worship a God of miracles! I am a desperately dependent follower of Christ, who feeds on God's Word like manna! I know the healing hand of God and I believe He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me! I started this blog to communicate continued prayer requests, keep people up to date on my health and daily life, and most importantly share how Christ's love is transforming my heart everyday! Thank you for all your support! God Bless! PS I love to know who is reading the blog so comments are much encouraged and loved :)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Change in surgery date :/

I went to the doctors to get an MRI yesterday. They had to inject me with radioactive dye to see the tumor better in the pictures. They got half of the the dye in when my vein blew and I got the dye under my skin which burned terribly. One hour and three nurses later they finally found another vein. It was not fun. They called back with the results that night and said that we have to postpone my surgery because they want more tests! I was not happy to hear that. I had just been telling my sister how it has not been helpful with my anxiety to have everything changing all the time; one minute it's this type of cancer and the next minute its another. I want some sort of constant! Thank you Lord that you never change!! So I have a PET scan scheduled for this Friday which I have to get more dye injections! UGH!! Im sick of feeling like a lab rat! Yesterday was very exhausting on every level! However, at the end of the day I had a Farewell Party for my kidney which was so fun! We played pin the kidney on kate and apples to apples. It was a blast! I meant to post an invite for anyone who wanted to come but that ended up being a fail! Sorry :/ Anyway, the bottom line is that my surgery is being rescheduled for sometime next week but we don't know the exact date. Im hoping early in the week!
Prayer requests:
1) The PET scan goes smoothly (minimal pain)
2) Surgery gets rescheduled for early in the week
3) God has a hand on my anxiety
4) School- probably going back to school tomorrow all day and could possibly be overwhelming
5) God reveals meaningful scripture to me
Thanks for your prayers! Much love!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sweet Kate,

    I told your mom today that I had a verse to share with you, but, was waiting for the right moment. Maybe this is it. This is my favorite Bible verse and I'm sure that you are well acquainted with it: "Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 63:7. We all experience anxiety at difficult times in our lives. Even Jesus experienced anxiety in the garden of Gethsemane. It has always been a source of comfort, however, to know that no matter how awful things look and no matter how anxious I may feel, that God has His wings over me. And, not only am I protected by the cover of His wings, but I can even sing in that protection. Remember this promise as you walk through this journey. We are praying for all of your prayer requests and also for a complete and total healing.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with change too. Just when I think I can handle my problem--click--channel change! My problem is I want to be in charge of the clicker. Then I remember, God has a plan. He has a purpose. Then I'm glad He has the clicker!

    He loves you, Kate! He wants the best for you! His plans are GOOD plans--not for disaster. He's merciful. He offers hope. He listens to prayer. And, James 5:16 says: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful & effective." Lots of people love you and are praying for you--trusting the God we know. Love, Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew a little boy that was going to have open heart surgery when he was five. His parents and doctors informed him of what was going to happen and how he was going to feel afterwards but they forgot to tell him that when he woke up he would not be able to move because they were going to give him something to immobilize him so he would not pull all the tubes and wires out of his body. The parents had given him Psalms 56:3 to memorize in preparation for the surgery, "But when I am afraid,I will put my trust in you." After the immobilizing drug wore off.....his parents quickly apologized for not having warned him about that aspect of his surgery. He just smiled really big and said, "I just kept saying over and over the verse you gave me to memorize and I was not afraid!" Store that Word in your heart.....Jesus said, "If you abide in me and my Word abides in you, you can ask what you will and it will be done unto you." John 15:5-8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radioactive die and MRI's are no fun. Been there done that! You are in my prayers every day. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - God has a reason He's letting the Dr.'s postpone the surgery. We don't know why, but He does, and we know He wants the best for you.
    We are all so in awe of your testimony & Spirit-filled attitude. Keep focused on Him, and keep trusting Him with your health.
    Love & prayers,
    Aunt Staci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalm 86:1-7 Hear me, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God and I am your servant who trusts you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call upon you. Hear my prayer, O Lord, listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

    ReplyDelete